Detector Media is looking for Disinformation Analyst
We are seeking an open-minded and skilful professional to provide monitoring, research, and analytical support to the Detector Media’s team investigating Russian malign information operations.
Starting Date: as soon as possible but not later than Fabruary 1st
Given currently expanding work, Detector Media team is looking for an analyst to support its activities on several projects related to Russian malign information operations in online media and social networks, including disinformation and hate speech.
- Support in tracking sociopolitical online public discourse in Ukraine and abroad.
- Analyse Russian malign information operations in media outlets as well as social media platforms.
- Preparation of research and analytical articles on the spread of Russian disinformation in Ukraine and in the world.
- Adapting complex research on disinformation for a wide audience, turning research results into practical tools for other researchers.
Your skills and experience:
- 2+ years of experience in analysing information (media monitoring or policy analysis). Experience of working with social media will be an asset.
- University degree in social sciences or data science, or related fields.
- Expertise in the problem of disinformation, influence operations and/or strategic communication.
- Ability to be flexible, learn and self-study.
- Experience with data visualisation, exploratory analysis, and sentiment analysis is an asset.
- Previous experience in non-profit, government, or philanthropy, and/or university conducting applied research is an asset.
- Professional fluency in English is preferred. At least intermediate level is required.
We are looking for someone willing to learn and explore the ocean of Russian disinformation with us.
If you are interested in combating Russian disinformation and making the world a better place, please submit your application (short cover letter and CV) in English or Ukrainian to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, but no later than 25.01.2023.